BIRTH SECRETS ONLINE COURSE - by naianna robertsson
Using Mindfulness, Neuroscience and Hypnobirthing to Achieve a Positive and Empowered Birth
- Complete online antenatal course that will help you achieve a positive and empowered birth.
- An intelligent, logical, informed and heartfelt approach to childbirth.
- Merging cutting-edge science with positive birth preparation.
- You will learn how to reframe fears and anxiety, replacing them with calm and confidence.
- Packed with effective fear-releasing, breathing and deep relaxation techniques to guide you through labour and birth.
- Several practical tips to cultivate self-confidence, self-kindness and self-care when your baby is here.
The Birth Secrets Hypnobirthing course is an intelligent, logical and informed approach to childbirth. This course is a complete antenatal preparation and the most evidence-based programme available, and it can be done online, no matter where you are in the world.
Every woman is physically designed to give birth, but we live in a culture where fear and negativity often dominate our perception of birth. The thing is, fear and tension often prevents the birthing muscles in your body to function as they naturally should, resulting in a more painful labour and in negative memories of the birth of your baby.
With remarkable advances in the field of neuroscience, we now know more about the mysteries of our emotions and fears (and how they shape our experiences!) more than ever before. Understanding how your brain processes emotions, memories and pain, as well as the powerful mind-body connection can make all the difference in achieving a confident and empowered birth experience.
Achieving a memorable and empowered birth is about working on reframing your views and nurturing confidence - this can only come from knowledge about the physical and emotional aspects of birth, being informed about your care options and from having the right relaxation and breathing tools to support you through labour.
WHAT YOU'RE GETTING
3 sessions via Skype, of approx. 2 hours each, at your convenience (typically over 3 weeks, or you can choose the pace according to your preference and availability).
In-depth private work with Naianna to help you achieve a positive and empowered birth. The course will be exclusively designed around your goals and wishes for the birth of your baby.
Several deep relaxation and reframing-anxiety techniques that are based on neuroscience, mindfulness and positive psychology.
All course material, including: tailor-made mindfulness scripts, audios, exclusive parents reading pack and The Hypnobirthing book.
Ongoing one-to-one support after the course.
Cost of the complete online course: £250
As a guide:
UK - £250
US - $325
AUS – $460
Please get in touch for more rates depending on where you are in the world: email@example.com
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Anyone who is pregnant (single or couples) and that would like to have a positive and anxiety-free birth experience. Whether this is your first baby, second or 10th! The course is equally invaluable to anyone going through childbirth.
If this is your first baby, you will learn how to release fears and feel completely in control, regardless of how your baby ends up being born. You will look forward to labour and birth with excitement and anticipation.
If you have had a baby(ies) before, and would like to work through any previous negative memories, then we will work through the reasons why you did not feel empowered in your previous birth(s) and what you can do differently this time around.
Please note that you do not need to have a birth partner to take the course, it is also designed for just the pregnant woman – for a solo, empowered, confident, positive, safe and supported delivery.
HOW WILL THE COURSE CHANGE MY CHILDBIRTH EXPERIENCE?
At the end of the course I guarantee that you will:
1. Release fears and anxiety surrounding giving birth, replace them with calm and confidence.
2. Understand the physiology of birth and how to work with your mind.
3. Gain the knowledge and confidence to make informed decisions and take control of your birth experience.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THIS COURSE?
The incredible benefits of taking an antenatal course are undeniable. Research has shown that taking a birth preparation class can significantly reduce the rates of postpartum depression as well as the likelihood of receiving unnecessary medical intervention.
Having a positive and confident birth experience can speed up postpartum healing and have an important impact on bonding between parent and baby.
Furthermore, recent studies have also shown that the most important factor in achieving a positive birth is not the route of delivery, but feeling in control of your labour and birth experience – understanding your options and having the right tools to calm your body and your mind down to allow birth to unfold as nature designed it to work.
Doing in-depth work with an experienced professional is invaluable in achieving confidence, reframing negative views and having access to unbiased evidence-based information.
Hi, I'm Naianna, I'm the first neuroscientist to merge science and positive birth preparation. Having a positive birth experience comes from understanding how to work with your mind and your body during the emotional and physical journey of bringing life into the world. The mental preparation that you do during pregnancy and remembering your birth as a positive event enables you to enter the motherhood journey feeling physically and emotionally ready.
I have interwoven my neuroscience and psychology insight with my experience as a mother and as a childbirth educator so I can inspire and help you achieve a confident, informed and positive birth (no matter what kind of birth you end up having!). I will support and teach you to work with your mind and emotions in order to get rid of any anxiety you might have about giving birth.
Most of the preparation to give birth is about understanding our emotions and challenging ingrained fears and anxieties as well as educating ourselves on the physical aspects of birth, and when birth can take a different course than what we intended.
To my background and experience I add a practical, gentle and human approach and I’m here to support and guide parents to have an informed, positive and empowered birth.
It’s your birth, your moment and you deserve the best experience.
Bachelors of Science in Psychology - Kingston University
Masters in Neuroscience and Neuroimaging - King’s College London
PhD candidate in Neuroscience - King’s College London
KG Certificate in Hypnobirthing (the only training programme approved by the Royal College of Midwives in the UK)
HOW DOES THE COURSE WORK?
A typical breakdown of sessions:
- Physiology and psychology of birth, how to work with your mind and body to release the body’s natural calming and pain relieving hormones.
- Introduction to the science of brain health, emotional health and physical health and how they impact your birth preparation and your baby’s development.
- Identifying and working through any fear and anxiety that you and your partner might have surrounding birth.
- Comprehensive guide to deep relaxation techniques and mindfulness. How they will help you achieve a positive birth, as well as basic science on how and why they work.
- Calming breathing techniques for all stages of labour and birth.
- Calming massage techniques so you can choose what works best for you.
- Extensive information for birth partners on how to best support, protect and guide the mother.
- Labour stages and how to recognise, not fear and work with each of them.
- Labour and birth positions that are effective as well as comfortable.
- Understanding your options on birth place choices: home birth, hospital birth or birth centre birth.
- How to create your birth plan.
- Interventions, why and when they are needed and how to stay calm and positive if things don’t go to plan.
- What to expect from the postpartum period, physical and brain changes and how to best support your body and mind.
- Newborn nesting period and how to enrich your baby's first experiences for optimal brain growth and health.
- Practical tips to help mother and partner to practice self-care, self-kindness and self-confidence once your baby is here.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch using the form below or emailing me at: firstname.lastname@example.org